Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day5

Hi Family and Friends:

Tom and I decided to leave Nashville yesterday around 3:00pm and head to Memphis for the night and tour Graceland the following day.

We arrived at Graceland around 5:30 and let's just say I was speechless, we got back on the highway and headed straight to Arkansas.

We finally got off the road about 9pm and spent the night at the Best Western. The girls who checked us into the hotel were behind a glass window ( I am gathering the area wasn't much safer than Elvis Presley Blvd) and we were told that the Arkansas bird was actually the Mosquito. We had to rush into the room and hope that a flock of mosquito's didn't come with us.
Let's just say I saw bugs that I have never seen before and I hope Austin doesn't have all of these Bugs!

Tom and I left this morning and drove into Texas around 2:30pm. The first sign I saw said Texarkana..........now tell me who was the genius who thought that up.......how do you even pronounce it? I wouldn't move to the town because I would feel stupid saying the Texarkana.

We saw lots of cows .................................................................



more cows...........................................................................................



and more cows..........................................................................................


and more cows......................OK so,he is a bullie cow!

We stop for gas and these cricket's were everywhere, I thought it was the attack of the locust......... it was hailing cricket's.....no kidding!


We are now safe from the cricket's at the Sleep Inn & Suites. Tom is fast asleep and I think I will join him soon.

We are about two hrs from our finally destination - Austin!

By the way I have always been the navigator on road trips. The job description of the navigator is to tell the driver what exits to take, open drinks, stick chewing gum into the drivers mouth and yell at him when he takes a right after you told him left 3 x and or yell at him because when he is lost; he won't pull over to ask for directions.

Well I have been replace by this thing called the GPS...........and let me tell you she isn't always accurate, and that is when the driver yells "What do I do, Where do I go??? "

Tell me do you think he; I mean the driver; has the right to ask the navigate for help when his new toy the GPS lady screws up?????

Lets hear your opinions..........leave them in the comment box girls..I mean navigators.

2 comments:

  1. I see 'Cows'...but no Cowbells!

    More Cowbells!

    Graceland, me and SB really need to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband has a GPS program loaded on the laptop. Definitely not as accurate as a paper map. When it was a new toy and we were in Utah he finally asked me if I could find a way to turn the voice off. ;o) His brother on the other hand will use the GPS even if he's traveled 'that' same road 100 times before.

    I was born in Tex-ar-can-uh. Yes....on the Arkansas side. So...I am FROM Arkansaw! But I got to Texas just as fast as I could...like...three days later. ;o)

    I love vacationing in the Ozarks. While Mama and I were there a couple of weekends ago and were antiquing...a shop owner said that the main reason that they had a shop was for the $25 a month health insurance that they could get just because they were in business for themselves!!!

    LOL I understand the need to get to the new home! Hopefully we can meet up someday!

    ReplyDelete